IPL 2022, Match 14: KOL vs MI Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Cricket Tips, Dream11 Team, Playing XI, Pitch Report, Injury Updates And Weather Report – Kolkata Knight Riders vs Mumbai Indians, Indian Premier League 2022
KOL vs MI Dream11 Match Preview
Kolkata Knight Riders will take on the Mumbai Indians in the 14th game of IPL 2022. KKR are at the 2nd position with 2 wins and one loss after 3 matches. Mumbai Indians, on the other hand, have lost both the matches they’ve played till now and are at the 8th position.
Kolkata Knight Riders are coming off a dominating win against the Punjab Kings in their last match. Andre Russell was at his destructive best with the ball and scored 70* off just 31 balls and took his side over the line. Umesh Yadav has been their star with the ball as he’s the highest wicket-taker of the season at the moment. He has been assisted well by Tim Southee who has 5 wickets to his name in two matches. Sunil Narine and Varun Chakravarthy have been brilliant in the middle-overs.
Also Read: IPL 2022: Umesh Yadav redeeming himself as a powerplay beast for KKR
KKR’s biggest concern will be the form of their top 4 batters. Venkatesh Iyer has failed in all the games while Rahane too has struggled to score after the first match. Shreyas Iyer has looked in good touch but has thrown it away and Nitish Rana has failed badly. Sam Billings and Andre Russell have done well in the middle-order for the Knights. KKR will expect their batters to step-up in this match and perform well with the bat.
Mumbai Indians, on the contrary, have lost their first two games of this season. Mumbai are known for starting slow but this time it will be a lot of catching up to do as there are 10 teams now. Rajasthan Royals got the better of them and defeated them by 23 runs in their last game. Rohit Sharma’s and the bowlers’ form are the two biggest areas of concern for MI.
Rohit has failed to convert the starts into big scores while MI has conceded a lot of runs in the middle-overs. Murugan Ashwin was taken to the cleaners in the last game and Pollard had to bowl 4 overs for them. Ishan Kishan, Jasprit Bumrah, and Tymal Mills have been the consistent players for them. Mumbai is a champion side and expect them to come back strongly.
Also Read:‘It’s About Learning When To Bowl Fast’- Dale Steyn Speaks About Exciting Umran Malik
KOL vs MI Dream11 Match Venue, Date and Time
Match: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Mumbai Indians, Match 14, Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022
Venue: MCA Stadium, Pune
Date and Time: 6th April 2022, Wednesday, 7:30 PM IST
KOL vs MI Dream11 Match Venue and Pitch Report
Pune is, like all the other venues, good for batting. Batters will love playing here as the pitch is a good one for batting. There isn’t a lot of dew either which may tempt the captain’s to win the toss and bat first. There is some assistance for the pacers with the new ball and the spinners will come into play as the game progresses. The average first innings score here is 159 runs and chasing sides have won 20 out of 40 matches at Pune.
KOL vs MI Dream11 Match Prediction
KKR are looking in great form and Mumbai are yet to win their first game of the tournament but Mumbai have an phenomenal head-to-head record against KKR and i.e. 22-7. Mumbai have absolutely dominated KKR but looking at current form and team balance, Kolkata Knight Riders will start as favorites to win this match.
KOL vs MI Probable Playing XI
Pat Cummins won’t be available for this game. No other changes are expected in the KKR line-up.
Kolkata Knight Riders: Venkatesh Iyer, Ajinkya Rahane, Shreyas Iyer (c), Nitish Rana, Sam Billings (wk), Andre Russell, Sunil Narine, Tim Southee, Umesh Yadav, Shivam Mavi, Varun Chakravarthy
Suryakumar Yadav’s participation is still not 100% confirmed for this game but he will replace Anmolpreet if he’s fit. One of Riley Meredith or Fabian Allen can replace Daniel Sams and Sanjay Yadav can replace Basil Thampi in the XI for Mumbai.
Mumbai Indians: Ishan Kishan (wk), Rohit Sharma (c), Suryakumar Ydav/Anmolpreet Singh, Tilak Varma, Kieron Pollard, Tim David, Daniel Sams/Fabian Allen/Riley Meredith, Sanjay Yadav/Basil Thampi, Jasprit Bumrah, Tymal Mills, Murugan Ashwin
Top Captaincy Choices for KOL vs MI Dream11 Match
- Andre Russell: Andre Russell was at his best in the last game. He is the best all-rounder in T20 cricket and can change the match on his own. He scored 70* runs in the last match and picked up a wicket as well. He will be a great captaincy choice.
- Rohit Sharma: Rohit Sharma loves playing against KKR. He is the highest run-scorer of MI vs KKR matches with 899 runs at an average of 49.94. He will be an excellent captaincy option for your fantasy team.
- Shreyas Iyer: Shreyas Iyer has looked in good form but has failed to play a big knock in the first 3 games. This might be that game for Shreyas Iyer. He is one of the best batters in the IPL and will be a great captaincy pick for this game.
Budget Picks for KOL vs MI Dream11 Match
- Tilak Varma (8 Credits): Tilak Verma showed his class in the last game. He scored 61 runs off 33 balls at number 4 and kept Mumbai in the hunt. He is an excellent player of spin bowling and will be very crucial against the strong spin attack of KKR. TIlak will be the best budget pick at just 8 credits.
- Umesh Yadav (8.5 Credits): Umesh Yadav is in the form of his life at the moment. He has 8 wickets in 3 games and he picked up 4 wickets in the last match. Umesh has picked up a wicket in the first over of all the matches and will look to do the same in this one too. He will be a great budget pick for 8.5 credits and can be a good captaincy option as well.
Differential Pick for KKR vs MI Dream11 Match
- Sam Billings: KKR’s top order is struggling at the moment and Sam Billings has looked good in the middle-order for them. He scored 24 runs and steadied the ship after 3 quick wickets. Billings is a good player of spin bowling and is looking in good form too. He will be the perfect differential option for this game and will give points from wicket-keeping as well.
Small/Head-to-Head League Team for KOL vs MI Dream11 Match
If KKR Bats First: C – Rohit Sharma, VC – Shreyas Iyey
If MI Bats First: C – Ishan Kishan, VC – Jasprit Bumrah
Mega League Team for KOL vs MI Dream11 Match
If KKR Bats First: C – Andre Russell, VC – Umesh Yadav
If MI Bats First: C – Tymal Mills, VC – Sam Billings
Which Contests to Join for KOL vs MI Dream11 Match
Joining small league contests of upto 7 members are recommended from the small/head-to-head league team. Join Mega contest and all the other contests with a big prize pool with the mega league team.