MI vs RR Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Cricket Tips, Dream11 Team, Playing XI, Pitch Report, Injury And Weather Updates – Mumbai Indians vs Rajasthan Royals, IPL 2022, Match 9
MI vs RR Dream11 Match Preview
Mumbai Indians will take on the Rajasthan Royals in the 9th game of IPL 2022. Mumbai lost their first game while Rajasthan won their first game of the tournament.
Mumbai Indians had a not so great start to their IPL 2022 campaign. The 5-time champions are known for starting slowly in the initial games and picking up the pace after one or two matches. They were outplayed by the Delhi Capitals in their opening game of IPL 2022. MI scored 177 runs batting first and were defeated by DC with 4 wickets remaining. Mumbai bowlers were taken to the cleaners by the DC lower middle-order. Jasprit Bumrah too got some beating as he gave away 43 runs in 3.2 overs. Mumbai will look to improve on their bowling. The top order did well as Ishan Kishan scored a brilliant 81* with Rohit Sharma (41 runs) looking in good touch as well.
Watch: Ayush Badoni’s crucial six for LSG versus CSK hits a lady sitting in the stands
Rajasthan Royals are looking really good this time with a very balanced squad. They won their first game without breaking any sweat against the Sunrisers Hyderabad by 61 runs. RR batters looked in good form with Sanju Samson, Devdutt Padikkal, Shimron Hetmyer, and Jos Buttler performing well with the bat. The bowlers then especially Prasidh Krishna and Yuzvendra Chahal bowled really well. Trent Boult and Ravichandran Ashwin too were excellent with the ball. Rajasthan played as a team in the first match and will look to do the same in this game as well.
MI vs RR Dream11 Match Venue, Date and Time
Match: Mumbai Indians vs Rajasthan Royals, Match 9, Indian Premier League 2022,
Venue: Dr DY Patil Sports Academy, Mumbai
Date and Time: 2nd April 2022, Saturday, 3:30 PM IST
MI vs RR Dream11 Match Venue and Pitch Report
The pitch at the Dr DY Patil Sports Academy was a little dry in the last match which helped the spinners as well. Overall it was a good wicket to bat on and it will be the same for this match as well. Batters will enjoy their time on this pitch with the ball coming nicely onto the bat. The spinners will get some purchase as the ball gets old. The average first innings score at this venue is 190 runs. Chasing sides have won 8 out of the 9 matches played here.
MI vs RR Dream11 Match Prediction
Mumbai are a quality side in the IPL while Rajasthan too are looking very strong as a team with most of the bases covered. Looking at team balance and current form, Rajasthan Royals are expected to win this game.
MI vs RR Dream11 Probable Playing XI
Suryakumar Yadav still isn’t 100% fit and will most probably be out for this match as well.
Mumbai Indians: Ishan Kishan (wk), Rohit Sharma (c), Anmolpreet Singh, Tilak Varma, Kieron Pollard, Tim David, Jaydev Unadkat, Jasprit Bumrah, Tymal Mills, Murugan Ashwin, Basil Thampi
No changes are expected in the Rajasthan Royals playing eleven.
Rajasthan Royals: Jos Buttler (wk), Yashasvi Jaiswal, Sanju Samson (c & wk), Devdutt Padikkal, Shimron Hetmyer, Riyan Parag, Nathan Coulter Nile, Ravichandran Ashwin, Trent Boult, Yuzvendra Chahal, Prasidh Krishna
Top Captaincy Choices for MI vs RR Dream11 Match
- Sanju Samson: Sanju Samson looked in sublime touch in the first game where he scored 55 runs. He will be an excellent captaincy pick for this game. Sanju is the highest run-scorer in MI vs RR matches with 530 runs to his name against MI.
- Jos Buttler: Jos Buttler looked a bit shaky in the last game but he has a phenomenal record against the Mumbai Indians. He has 300 runs against Mumbai at an average of 75 and his strike-rate has been 166.67! Buttler will be the best captaincy choice in this match.
- Ishan Kishan: Ishan Kishan scored a brilliant 81* in the first game and showed his class. He will open the innings and is a very aggressive batter who starts attacking from ball one. He will keep the wickets as well. Ishan will be a great captaincy pick.
Budget Picks for MI vs RR Dream11 Match
- Tilak Verma (8 Credits): Tilak Verma will be an excellent budget pick for this match. He scored 22 runs in his first IPL game but he impressed a lot in his brief stay. He is a good player of spin bowling and will be very valuable against the strong spin attack of the Royals.
- Basil Thampi (8.5 Credits): Basil Thampi bowled well in his return to the IPL. He picked up 3 wickets against DC. Thampi bowled with good pace and control. He bowled with the new ball and in the death overs as well. He will be a top budget pick for this match.
Differential Pick for MI vs RR Dream11 Match
- Anmolpreet Singh: Anmolpreet Singh will bat at number 3 for MI in Suryakumar Yadav’s absence. Anmolpreet got out cheaply in the first game but he is a very promising youngster and looks to play aggressively. He attacks the spinners and can be a great differential option for your fantasy team.
Small/Head-to-Head League Team for MI vs RR Dream11 Match
If MI Bats First: C – Jos Buttler, VC – Sanju Samson
If RR Bats First: C – Ishan Kishan, VC – Devdutt Padikkal
Mega League Team for MI vs RR Dream11 Match
If MI Bats First: C – Rohit Sharma, VC – Jasprit Bumrah
If RR Bats First: C – Yuzvendra Chahal, VC – Prsidh Krishna
Which Contests to Join for MI vs RR Dream11 Match
Joining small league contests of upto 7 members are recommended from the small/head-to-head league team. Join Mega contest and all the other contests with a big prize pool with the mega league team.